Here’s my latest run on uninstalling Oracle Application Server 10.1.3.0 from a SuSE 10 Enterprise box:
Important: Be sure to backup your OAS instance and the OAS repository database before you proceed with these instructions.
- Run oracle universal installer from the OAS home directory:
- Click on “Deinstall products…” and select the oracle home where your application server resides.
- Click on “Remove” and confirm you want to remove OAS on the dialog that pops up.
Once the progress bar dialog disappears your application server binaries have been removed.
- Backup the directories directly above your ORACLE_HOME directory
mv OracleAS_1 inst_bak_1/
mv OracleAS_2 inst_bak_1/
mv OracleAS_3 inst_bak_1/
- Log in to your OAS repository database (the one that’s already backed up) and drop it.
P.S.: Complete instructions to be found on Oracle’s OTN at http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B32110_01/install.1013/b32198/deinst.htm#CHDHFGDA